Arlington, VA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
At StraighterLine we are on a mission to help students succeed!
StraighterLine is the leading provider of high-quality, affordable, online courses that help learners earn college credit and meet their professional goals. Each year, 150,000 learners take one of StraighterLine’s 215 courses to upskill into new careers or earn credit from over 2,000 colleges and universities worldwide. StraighterLine works with institutions and corporate partners to provide their students and employees with flexible education options that allow them to work and learn at their own pace. Visit www.straighterline.com for more information.
We are looking for a compassionate and motivated Enrollment Specialist to join our team. Our Enrollment Specialist role is the primary point of contact with prospective students. They help prospective students determine if StraighterLine is a good fit given their educational goals and needs, and help those students enroll. They educate prospective students on our features and benefits, and help them understand the admissions and credit transfer process. Specialist are expected to meet monthly metric requirements.
This role reports to the Enrollment Services Manager and is a full-time, hourly position. Access to stable, fast internet connection and a quiet place to work is required.
The proposed schedule is Mon-Fri, 12:30PM-9PM.
Ideal candidate will live within 90 mins of Arlington, VA for infrequent collaboration in-office (once a month) and in one of the following states (VA, MD, PA, DC).
- Engage potential students in meaningful conversations
- Empower and build student’s academic confidence to start classes
- Help students meet their educational goals with course recommendations and degree searches.
- Effectively communicate with prospective students via inbound and outbound calls, live chat, SMS, and email.
- Manage multiple tasks concurrently and readily adapt to changing communication channels as needed
- Work with prospective students to address their concerns by actively listening and identifying how StraighterLine is able to meet their needs
- Use knowledge of StraighterLine partnerships, white label programs, credit transfer process, and courses in order to assess if StraighterLine is the right fit for prospective students.
- Determine the appropriate StraighterLine course(s) to meet student’s needs
- Provide excellent customer service with a consistently high level of professionalism
- Utilize the CRM system to create and maintain accurate contact history and necessary updates to manage prospective student pipeline
- Meet weekly and monthly performance goals (outbound calls, answered calls, chats handled, enrollments etc.)
- Escalate issues and proactively identify process improvements or opportunities
- 1-2 years of experience in call center sales, customer service, or enrollment
- Some college experience is required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Excels in a call center environment and active listening skills
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to multitask
- Proven track record of meeting goals
- Ability to solve problems and know when to escalate issues
- Self-motivated and able to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated proficiency using office applications (MS Office, Google Suite) and CRM software (Salesforce)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Higher Education is a plus
Working at StraighterLine
StraighterLine team members work every day knowing that they are helping learners on their path to employability and career success. We're an inclusive team that fosters collaboration, that trusts and communicates openly. Like our students, we are lifelong learners and strive for excellence in our work. We are committed to bringing innovative solutions to the field - your ideas will never go unheard. And, best of all, we love to celebrate each other's contributions and wins.
We also know how important a life outside of work is, and the support that employers can contribute.
Generous time off policies, 13 public holidays.
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Coverage (*one option full funded by StraighterLine)
401K Safe Harbor: StraighterLine contributes 3% of your total salary whether you contribute or not
Six weeks paid parental leave
Free StraighterLine courses for you and your family members
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.