ANTH101: Cultural Anthropology SME (1099 Contract): Immediate Opening
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
At StraighterLine we are on a mission to help students succeed!
StraighterLine is the leading provider of high-quality, affordable, online courses that help learners earn college credit and meet their professional goals. Each year, 150,000 learners take one of StraighterLine’s 215 courses to upskill into new careers or earn credit from over 2,000 colleges and universities worldwide. StraighterLine works with institutions and corporate partners to provide their students and employees with flexible education options that allow them to work and learn at their own pace. Visit www.straighterline.com for more information.
The Academics team at StraighterLine is looking for a 1099 contract SME to help us with the revision of our ANTH101: Cultural Anthropology course. This project is slated to start as soon as possible and will likely be ongoing until the end of March '24. In this role, you will have the fun of engaging with an awesome team and innovating with multiple creative elements related to curriculum and course design, as well as assignment development and intentional student interactions/pulse points.
Requirements for Eligibility
- Master’s degree or higher in the course discipline
- Teaching experience in the course discipline
- Experience in curriculum design & development for college-level courses
- Patience with deadline-driven projects that may warrant fast turnaround and iterative development
- Ability to work effectively both collaboratively and independently, throughout all phases of a project
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented mindset, and ability to scaffold project work within multiple (and sometimes competing) deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to disseminate course-related information to a wide range of professional audiences (academic and non-academic) and across multiple departments
- Familiarity with the Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets)
Bonus Skills We Value
- Familiarity with online learning theories, andragogy/pedagogy, Gagne’s Nine Events of Instruction, and promising practices related to building engaging and interactive asynchronous learning experiences
- Familiarity with learning management systems (LMS)
- Flexibility to pivot, if/when a project changes according to design iterations
- Evidence-based instructional design (ID) skills
- College-level and online teaching experience
- Educational Requirements: Master’s degree or higher in the discipline.
- Work Environment: Mostly asynchronous & independent work, with a few daytime planning meetings and email communications required.
- Pay: 1099 Contract SME work is billed hourly, at the rate of $35.00 an hour.
- Future State: While this position is not in any way connected with full-time potential, this SME will potentially have an opportunity to become a 1099 contract faculty grader in this course, once launched.