Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Stride is excited to hire a Compliance Specialist to join our Compliance team. In this role, you will work directly with our Chief Compliance Officer to monitor business processes and perform regulatory compliance self-testing to identify potential compliance risks and control gaps and deficiencies. You will also help support other areas of Stride’s Compliance Management System, including training, policies and procedures, and advisory support.
What You'll Do
- Work with the compliance and legal team, bank partner, and school partners to resolve issues, propose solutions, and help drive strategic business objectives.
- Review and approve revisions to existing policies and procedures related to a variety of student lending compliance regulations such as fair lending, Regulation Z, UDAAP, etc.
- Perform ongoing compliance tasks including reviewing of marketing materials, addressing consumer complaints, drafting compliance reports for senior management, etc.
- Design and execute Compliance testing and monitoring, as needed, for new, complex, or high-risk requirements or in response to weaknesses discovered through self-assessments, monitoring, testing, or audits.
- Provide support for our third party risk management program, which may include reviews of vendors and other partners and ongoing monitoring of such third parties.
- Provide support for regulatory, bank partner and other external audits and examinations.
- Research and analyze federal and state lending laws and regulations to ensure that Stride’s policies and procedures are in alignment.
- Develop and deliver compliance training to Stride employees and directors.
- Build strong relationships and lines of communication with various business units and external partners.
What You'll Need to Be Successful
- Bachelor's degree or similar (e.g. accredited compliance certification combined with lending compliance experience).
- J.D. or compliance certification (CRCM) not required but desirable.
- Strong understanding of consumer lending laws and regulations (TILA-disclosure experience is a must)
- Experience operating in the Compliance department of a consumer financial services institution, such as a bank or fintech regulated directly or indirectly by the OCC, FDIC, Federal Reserve or CFPB.
- Experience in testing, quality assurance, and/or audit
- Operates with a strong sense of autonomy with the ability to work through vague problems with minimal supervision
- Extensive analytical and problem solving skills and experience with strong writing and research skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.