Data Integrations Engineer - Timely
Who We Are
At Timely, we believe that every student in our country should have the opportunity for an excellent education through informed choices that will shape their future. We also know school schedules are complicated: if you know, you know…and trust us, we know. For years we built schedules like so many educators out there - spending endless hours only to end up with a schedule that was decent, but hardly great.
That’s why we set out to build the tool we wish we had when we were in school - hoping to save hundreds of hours of wasted time while helping schools find better schedules that enable their academic, budget, and staffing priorities. We created a solution to address the needs of school-based employees who toil away building schedules and central office employees who need visibility into them.
About the role
Come work with us as an early engineer building a solution that schools and districts desperately need to improve the quality of education they deliver.
As a data integrations engineer, you will operate across both engineering and customer success to ensure that customers can integrate with and leverage our scheduling technology for their needs. You’ll work closely with customer success team members to own a portfolio of clients who wish to integrate with Timely for their scheduling needs. Additionally, you will devise the architecture and patterns to generalize and scale the process of reliable integration across many clients, reducing the cost of such integrations over time. Finally, as an early engineer on this team, you’ll be responsible for establishing the culture and patterns that allow us to grow the team over time to serve even more customers.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Own the ingestion, transformation, and export of data between district systems and the Timely data model and product.
- Partner with customer success, SIS representatives and district IT staff to plan out requirements for integration of a customer.
- Meet with customers as needed to execute integration workflows and troubleshoot any challenges. Some travel may be required.
- Work with the broader engineering team to generalize the process of data ingestion and export from customer systems.
- Work with customer service to establish processes and institutional knowledge around data integrations with different districts.
- Support efforts to grow the team and onboard new team members to serve more customers.
What we look for in candidates
- Experience working with school and district data as an educator, administrator or IT staff member. We’re particularly excited about candidates with school scheduling and programming experience.
- Prior experience successfully implementing data ingestion, transformation, cleaning and export through a variety of means (ranging from CSV-based integrations to service APIs).
- Experience with at least 1 programming language (we predominantly use Python & Typescript) and 1+ years of experience with data query & analysis technologies (SQL, Python Pandas, Bigquery, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience leveraging communication and collaboration skills to work with customers and cross-functional team members.
- Prior experience with mentoring, interviewing and growing technical team members.
- Ability & excitement to step into an early (seed-stage) startup role, with urgency of execution, breadth of responsibilities and opportunities for growth that come with it.
- This role is remote, with a preference for candidates in New York City or Boston metropolitan areas.
Benefits we offer
- Health: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, and short & long-term disability benefits
- Personal growth: professional development opportunities, including free access to online learning programs
Interested in this role? Reach out to us at email@example.com with your resume and a little bit about you and what interests you about Timely.